A blog about Lamb Island in Moreton Bay, Queensland – a unique little paradise under forty kilometres as the seagull flies from Brisbane CBD.
There’s not a comment facility, but if you have a question, you can use the email gizmo near the bottom of the right-hand column.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Yes, we have some bananas. I hope.

This is just one of a number of banana ‘hands’ I’m watching on un-owned trees along the street from our place, almost ready to be cut down and allowed to ripen. And I can say from past experience, they’ll be sweeter (albeit slightly smaller) than any bananas you can buy from a shop. The trouble is, for all I know, someone else might be watching them too, and could maybe get them before I do. 

So the truth is, although I say we have such a relaxed lifestyle, sometimes it’s stressful living here.