A blog about Lamb Island in Moreton Bay, Queensland – a unique little paradise under forty kilometres as the seagull flies from Brisbane CBD.
Because of restraints on time, and let’s face it, only limited material on a small island, some posts are being recycled/updated from earlier.
There’s not a comment facility, but if you have a question, you can use the email gizmo near the bottom of the right-hand column.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

What’s a collective noun for prawners?

I’m assuming that prawns come in ‘schools’, but what do we call a bunch of prawn-seekers who all congregate together trying to net them? The above grouping, just off Lamb Island yesterday, were giving each other little room to cast their nets, so I’ve decided that they make up what I’m hereby copyrighting as a ‘mesh’ of prawners. I watched them for a while, quietly expecting to see an example of what I could also copyright as ‘prawn-rage’, but they all seemed to mesh peaceably enough.