A blog about Lamb Island in Moreton Bay, Queensland – a unique little paradise under forty kilometres as the seagull flies from Brisbane CBD.
Because of restraints on time, and let’s face it, only a limited amount of material on a small island, we’re now recycling selected earlier posts.
There’s not a comment facility, but if you have a question, you can use the email gizmo near the bottom of the right-hand column.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Proof (as if needed) that I’m not a chick magnet.

This is the best shot I could get of a curlew and one of its two chicks when the family visited our place looking for someone to throw them some mince. As you can see by the adult bird’s wary look towards me, they tend to be a little protective of their young. And in fact, within seconds of this shot being taken, even though I was a good ten metres away, they’d moved out of my view.

(I’ve posted about curlews and chicks before, and you’ll find them here.)