A blog about Lamb Island in Moreton Bay, Queensland – a unique little paradise under forty kilometres as the seagull flies from Brisbane CBD.
There’s not a comment facility, but if you have a question, you can use the email gizmo near the bottom of the right-hand column.

Friday, April 04, 2014

The drongos are back.

No, I’m not referring to visiting politicians or certain relatives, I’m talking about my favourite bird species, the Spangled Drongo. We have a couple of them who live around our house, but who take some kind of extended holiday for much of the Summer. And yesterday, their distinctive chattering call announced that they were back for the next six or eight months.

They’re incredible fliers, swooping through seemingly impossible arcs and twists to catch airborne bugs (and thrown bits of mince), and a delight to watch. You can read about them here.

(And no, that’s not my photograph. They’re too fast for me.)