A blog about Lamb Island in Moreton Bay, Queensland – a unique little paradise under forty kilometres as the seagull flies from Brisbane CBD.
Because of restraints on time, and let’s face it, only limited material on a small island, some posts are being recycled/updated from earlier.
There’s not a comment facility, but if you have a question, you can use the email gizmo near the bottom of the right-hand column.

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

The hopelessness of the long-distance dolphin snapper.

Ever since I started this blog, I’ve been hoping to get a shot of the dolphins who come through the bay in front of our house. My chance came yesterday morning, which was when I learned how damn hard it is to shoot them. First of all, they were inconsiderately farther out from our shore than usual. Then I realised that I couldn’t predict where they were going to surface, so I didn’t know where to be pointing the camera. And if I was lucky enough to fluke one in the viewfinder, I didn’t get a lot of time to react. So these are the best I was able to do.